Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jake The Dog (and my first picture)



When we got Jake, we had no idea how he'd change our lives...and as you can see, he had no idea how we'd change his. Rick and I were given these cozy little vibrating slippers from the grand kids for Christmas and thought it would be fun to put them on Jake. Can you believe how sweet this dog is? To let his parents humiliate him like this? I know, it's cruel, however, you will notice that aside from the cruelty, he does pretty much have run of the house, er...and the furniture.

I'd like to mention that this is the dog my husband said we could have (after my begging for literally years) if I promised not to let him sleep with us, let him lay on the sofa or eat people food. Guess who breaks all the rules? Yup, my husband. He and Jake are best buddies.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I want to be Jake.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

What big shoes you have to fill, Jake. I know you are up to the task.

Lynn
www.writeradvice.com
Author of You Want Me to Do What? Journaling for Caregivers

Cindy said...

Lynn, Fortunately for Jake, his little footies are quite large, in fact they match his head.. :)Thank you for your comment!

mum4justice said...

Jake Jake Jake... My God Man, how low will you go? Is sleeping in the big bed really all that important? Is lounging on the couch all its cracked up to be? And people food? Who needs it?

WE DO-- THATS WHO! Waytogo Bro!

Love from your furry cousins back east... we also are humiliated nonstop by our mommy. But Look at all the benny's ya get!!

Wags to you! Scooter and My-Ami